GK479
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK479

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Acer Aspire As5251 Laptop Review A Sub $400 Laptop.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Acer Aspire As5251 Laptop Review A Sub $400 Laptop. Empty
PostSubject: Acer Aspire As5251 Laptop Review A Sub $400 Laptop.   Acer Aspire As5251 Laptop Review A Sub $400 Laptop. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Acer has recently skyrocketed in the list of the best selling laptops with the Acer Aspire AS5251. At under $400, the price can't be beat. But does this low cost laptop pack enough strikes to be considered among the best?

Of course, what first interests us about this AS5251 Acer laptop may be the price. We are familiar with seeing the top rated netbook consists of at prices around $400, but not laptops. Laptops, typically, do not have the compromises and concessions that people find on netbooks. These compromises are found in the form of limited memory, smaller hard drives, less-powerful processors, and a lot of smaller laptop screens.

So, let's look at whatever, if any, compromises that Acer had to make to deliver all of us this AS5251 laptop according to $400 (the current worth is $379 at a lot of locations).

The first thing that noticed when I gotten this laptop was the feel and look of the machine. It's quite similar to the ASUS UL80Vt-A1, which I currently rate being the best price/performance laptop on the market today. The machine is black and comes with a 15. 6-inch widescreen laptop monitor that provides solid quality with the built web cam, easily enabling you to video-chat with all of your friends.

The processor on the Acer AS5251 laptop is really a 2. 20 GHz AMD V Series V120 single-core one. I am normally a good Intel processor devotee though this AMD processor is usually fast and handles video extremely well with the new Perspective technology by AMD. Many laptops that you find today come with a "dual-core" processor, but this processer should meet the needs of nearly every user.

The hard drive about this machine is 250GB. For our money, this is plenty of computer space that will suit all of your needs. Remember, the hard drive space from a machine has nothing to do with the speed. It simply determines how much information that you can store on the product. If you do the word processing, PowerPoint, and all the other Office Apps, this size is sufficient. For the rest of us, who store endless movies and music, we always need to buy another external hard disk for our laptops. Thus, 250GB will satisfy all but the multimedia buffs, who are not satisfied with typically the storage capacity of any computer.

Now, when we look at the memory of this system, we find the Acer AS5251 netbook with 3GB of DDR3 storage. Is this a compromise? Well, it's a bit for example the single core processor mentioned above. Most of the popular laptops today come having 4GB of memory, but we could reasonably ask the concern: Is this overkill? Again, the standard end-user could possibly get by with 3GB from memory just fine. In fact, I know folks who still get by just fine with 1 and also 2GB of memory in their machines and they are frequently running multimedia.

Finally, the clincher that this is a good buy is that it comes equipped with an HDMI port. An HDMI port is the best way to connect a laptop to LCD TV, which is a great way to show a room heaped with people your picture along with movies.

To summarize this Acer Aspire5251 review, I would say that this system sacrifices little for all that it offers. You will have a laptop that performs above-average at a price that is not only affordable but thoroughly inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
https://gk479.forumotion.com

Acer Aspire As5251 Laptop Review A Sub $400 Laptop.
Page 1 of 1