GK479
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK479

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Operating system 3. 0 Honeycomb - Five Things Google Is required to Fix in it.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Operating system 3. 0 Honeycomb - Five Things Google Is required to Fix in it. Empty
PostSubject: Operating system 3. 0 Honeycomb - Five Things Google Is required to Fix in it.   Operating system 3. 0 Honeycomb - Five Things Google Is required to Fix in it. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:23 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
There's a great deal to like about Honeycomb-and a great deal that's annoying. Here are five things Google must address to make its tablet computer system a star.
Make absolutely no mistake: Google's tablet-optimized Operating system 3. 0 represents an incredible improvement overall over previous versions of Google's mobile operating-system. But that's not to share it gets everything perfect. After extensive use upon multiple tablets, I've identified five points that Google needs to target in Honeycomb.
1. Make improvements to Image Rendering
Photos seen in Android 3. 0's Gallery app turn up fuzzy and washed out than the when you view her on other devices When i photographer, I noticed this condition immediately upon loading my very own pictures on the Motorola Xoom. In due course, the problem comes right down to Honeycomb's apparent inability to help correctly render images on the image Gallery-and elsewhere. After weeks of backward and forward, a Google spokesperson acknowledged the trouble, but couldn't give a timeline on the fix. Thus far, there has not been one.
The problem is striking whenever you view the same image displayed for the Honeycomb tablets side-by-side with Apple's iPad 2 perhaps even the Android 2. 2-based Samsung Universe Tab 7-inch. On the actual Honeycomb tablets-Motorola Xoom, T-Mobile G-Slate, Acer Iconia A500, together with Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101-the pictures lack sharpness and characteristic. Colors appear off, overly; they look muted and additionally lack vibrance. While some of this is certainly attributed to differences one of several actual displays themselves, I even have the sense that something is off-kilter using the color temperature and white balance in Dell inspiron 6400 battery聽Honeycomb. it all lowered the default color choice temperature in Android some. 3. 3 to trigger muted colors. The reasoning for messing with Honeycomb's defaults could be the same, overly: Just as in Gingerbread, any interface is darker, so too does Honeycomb contain a darker interface. But the effect remains unsatisfactory.

2. Come up with the Keyboard Better
The stock Honeycomb keyboard will be much improved over that for Android 2. x, and this includes a pleasing QWERTY design and useful context-sensitive important factors (such as. com together with @). But there's no number row-a game-changer once you've tried it on tablets such as the Asus Transformer (which boasts a custom Asus keyboard) plus forthcoming HP TouchPad (which runs WebOS). And that color scheme needs to go: light gray figures inset on darker overcast keys just don't place, so the keys don't stick out enough. The subtle blue discuss that shows you've pressed a key is an efficient touch, though I personally such as the pop-up letters that appear whenever you type on the Iphone keyboard instead. However, the blue tint effect really should be widened; as it is an abbreviation for, you can hardly begin to see the blue glow because it's covered by your finger that's relating to the key.
3. Tweak the actual Interface
<! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->

<! --
AB_pos = "intext";
AB_lang = "en";
AB_cat_channel = "0016438529, inches;
AB_path = "http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/";
page. write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/gads/controller3. js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
//-->

google_ad_channel = "7940249670, inches + AB_cat_channel + AB_unit_channel;
google_language = "en";
google_ad_region = 'test';

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
Those three core navigation buttons in the bottoom left of every Honeycomb computer screen? Let's send them back in the graphic designers to have an overhaul. Of the two light trace designs, mainly one-the home button-is really clear enough in its function. And even it's debatable: One colleague admitted to my advice he thought that this default home icon seemed to be an up arrow in the beginning.
Above, the Exit, Your home, and Recent Apps keys.
From the outset, that "exit" button has become a problem. It looks just like a sideways bookmark, but might be an exit or spine button. It behaves as a back button to move you to the previously viewed computer screen, but only does so using apps; and, according in order to Google, it will actually close you from an app if you work with it to back out from an app). Meanwhile, any recently accessed button in right is neither clean in its function, nor straightforward view as a light tracing.
I much choose the thicker, clearer redesign put in place by Asus on her Transformer; and that company isn't the only person I've seen re-skin some of those buttons on its supplement. If more than one manufacturer sees it like a problem point, Google would thrive to address a the problem itself.
4. Clean Up the Root Directory
As when compared with other mobile operating units, Android lets you have freer use of your files from in just apps. This capability is actually key to interoperability with the help of other computers and programs, and it allows a tablet to get the maximum possible flexibility in what it may do, and how far it may challenge more established desktop systems. It means that you'll be able to transfer files to this tablet via email, by an app, via a memory card, or even a direct connection to your PC; and then access these files using another app about the device to actually take a step with them. It's regarding creation, and not solely consumption.
Take this real-world make use of example. While using the Asus Eee Pad Transformer considering that it was docked in it has the Mobile Docking Station pc style keyboard, I attached a UNIVERSAL SERIES BUS flash drive, opened the Word. docx file during the Polaris Office 3. 0 software preinstalled over the tablet, edited the record, and then saved it having a new name directly to directory of my choice-be it for the flash drive, or back in the tablet. I decided to resave it to typically the tablet, and then I launched the Gmail app and surely could attach that newly edited file from an outbound e-mail.
Here's the actual rub, though: A quantity of file manager apps Hp 2230s battery聽will mean you can access the Android data file system, but by default, the file/folder organization seems a mess. You need to be a developer to discover where files are stashed, and what's in the things directory. For example, regarding that Transformer tablet, the file manager showed that your USB drive folders were buried underneath the Removable directory, within the main directory.
The bottom lines is that finding records manually remains a muddled and arcane experience given Android's plethora of established files and folders, and scarcity of apparent, real-world hierarchy in order to those files and folder. A little housekeeping through presentation here can go quite some distance towards making tablets extra functional.
5. Improve Dealing with of External Storage
A number of the Honeycomb tablets have, as a minimum, a microSD card position for expanding storage. But some have USB ports, either directly built in the tablet, or built in a docking station that connects towards the tablet. That's a a number of external storage options. Regretably, Honeycomb appears ill-equipped with regard to handling external storage. To start ,, every time you put in a card or piece of equipment, the Android OS is required to mount it-and that sometimes appears to take forever. Not which Microsoft Windows achieves this unique instantaneously, either, but on the other hand, I shouldn't feel the need to evoke comparisons to Windows when I'm referring to the lighter, theoretically more nimble Android OS at a mobile, flash-based tablet.

Herbal legal smoking buds had Android 2. 2 choke for an SD card I implanted, and return an miscalculation saying the card was basically corrupted (experienced on Dell's Streak 7). On Honeycomb, I haven't experienced that types of issue, but I have experienced to remove and reinsert media multiple times to generate it to be recognized. And if I dare to get rid of the card without first unmounting on the Android operating system, Operating system 3. 0 Compaq presario cq70 battery聽gets rather cranky (either giving the "force close" error, or not recognizing the other media plugged into who port or slot).
Unmount newspaper and tv? Is that really a step Google needs to insist on? The truth is bank cards and USB drives get inserted and yanked out constantly, and insisting on which usually extra step just bogs matters down. One of Android's big differentiators is the reality that in can give buyers file-level control (see position 4). But if Google can't obtain OS to play most certainly with those files, which would be an Achilles' Rear, and one that limits if the tablet can aspire for being an interoperable replacement for a laptop.
Where's the Revise?
The OS has yet to have regarding green minor point update, so presumably the programmers in the Googleplex are working on how you can approach these points, and much more. After all, I've only pinpointed limited number of weaknesses. Others issues I do know about: Honeycomb also has so as to better deal with usual Android 2. x apps at a tablet (too often, I'll try to see such apps crash); there is to become more stable (the code must have to get cleaned up and so "Force Close" errors with core, included apps would definitely be a thing of the past); it takes to enable HDMI output to aid full 1080p output, together with dual video streams, so its possible to do one thing about the device while outputting a unique stream via HDMI; and this needs to enable full rapid charging via UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS. And that's the only a short list I'm tuned in to.
Hopefully these points, and many others, are on the docket to become addressed. And maybe, we'll hear rather about them at Google I/O this week. <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://gk479.forumotion.com

Operating system 3. 0 Honeycomb - Five Things Google Is required to Fix in it.
Page 1 of 1