GK479
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK479

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:47 pm

This can be a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver we bought from Mobile Wonderful Ltd, I bought this to attach to my O2 XDA 2i PDA and it also cost around £ forty. I was intially on the lookout on google for cheap GPS receivers which came up as the most affordable. I thought at that price they'll be a catch, and this catch usually being very poor performance, but I was amazed! This thing really works, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews within this device I created very little other compared to a reviews from Mobile Enjoyable Ltd, which I was too self-conscious to trust for nervous about them being somewhat biased. We thought for £ 40 I'll have a chance and so got it, all credit to Cell phone Fun the receiver arrived the next morning. Upon opening the box I was just a little disappointed, all the there was by way of instructions was a little sheet of paper that were loosely translated from Japanese to English because of a dyslexic toddler. You can download the owner manual from here along with the Tomtom pairing manual as a result of here. After following these instructions you'll have it set up rapidly. Another thing I noticed was that there is no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere within the device or the wrapping, which makes searching for support quite difficult.
A nice touch this particular little device is that it can be supplied with a electric that is common to a lot of Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer electric battery, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means that you could get replacement batteries for these receivers relating to £ 4 which is good to recognize should you need you.
What's In The Pack?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v For Car Adapter (USB) x1 Elementary Instructions x1 Battery x1 HARDWARE Charging Cable x1
Set up
Provided you follow this limited instructions for pairing together with your device, and the Tomtom put in place instructions, you should be functioning in less than 5 seconds. I have only priced the receiver once since i have bought it about two months ago, the battery just appears to last forever! The supplied in car or truck charger and USB cable shows that the receiver can be charged on the go from a 12v source and may well also be charged from any LAPTOP or laptop. From cold launch the receiver aquires a fabulous usuable GPS signal exremely easily, quicker than most for the really expensive GPS receivers that I've come in contact with. The device is extremely small which enables it to easily fit into any space with your car, or even your pocket for anyone using it for going for a walk or cycling.
One small problem I did have is that whenever using it with my XDA 2i the particular Tomtom software would sometimes freeze and cause me to give up the car, reboot your phone, then carry relating to my journey. At first I thought this was caused by the XDA losing its reference to the bluetooth receiver and so confirming my fears about the money necessary for this product. It quickly became very clear that this was not the case and it was in truth an issue with my PDA along with the Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround with this issue between the Tomtom software programs and my XDA that allows the whole system to figure flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' about this workaround shortly as I am certain many other XDA 2i users share the equivalent problem.
I do know there is a known issue taking any bluetooth GPS receivers while using the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) a result of the bluetooth stack settings that will be shipped with the cellular phone, please be aware in this before buying this device essential sure to encounter situations.
Key Features
Compatible having TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software packages. 12 parallel satellite-tracking stations for fast acquisition in addition to reacquisition. Provides superior nav performance in city circumstances. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides a lot more than 10 hours of frequent use. Unit can be charged aided by the included car charger while still available. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge not just the Bluetooth GPS Receiver but more compatible PDAs & Smart Phones using the same charger. 3 colours Resulted in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities of that device.
Specifications
GPS beneficiary: L1, C/A code, 12 stations Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) or even better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) or even betterTTFF (Time to Primary Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) / 60s (95% possibility) Comfy Start: 35s (average) / 40s (95% possibility) Sizzling Start: 2s (minimum) / 6s (95% possibility) Placement of accuracy: Standard Positioning Services (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: approx. 5m Measurement data production: Update time: 1 2nd NMEA output protocol: V. 3. 01 Baud price: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Kind: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Energy consumption: 75mA (average) Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. two compliant Class 2 company (up to 10 metre range) Serial Vent out Profile (SPP) Output critical: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Form: Built in Patch Antenna Power supply: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer electric battery, built-in charger LED: Energy (red), GPS (green), Bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) x 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Working temperature: -20° C ~ +60° D Storage temperature: -20° D ~ +60° C; Electric battery: -20° C ~ +45° D
Conclusion
A great little instrument that performs well beyond its cost. Check if there is any known problems with your device and wireless bluetooth GPS receivers before purchase as this you will save a lot of troubles. The only thing that lets the pills down is less documentation and online help, other than this value the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews score: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://gk479.forumotion.com

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1